Sunday, December 10, 2017

A Christmas Letter


Dear Children,
It has come to my attention that some of you are upset that slowly but surely, people are taking My Name out of the season.
How I personally feel about this celebration of My birthday can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own.  If you want to celebrate My birth this Christmas, the best gift for me will be that you all get along with each other.
Now, having said that, let Me go on.  If it concerns you that many of the towns in the country where you live don’t allow the display of scenes depicting My birth in public places, then just display a Nativity scene in your window.   If all My followers did that there would be many of them all around town.
At the same time, please understand that I didn’t actually ask anyone, anywhere, at any time to make a point of celebrating my birth.   So I don’t mind if the nativity scenes don’t make it out at all.  I'd prefer you all to remember who I AM and the reason why I was born.
I would stop worrying about the fact that some people in some places are calling the tree a ‘holiday tree’, instead of a Christmas tree.  It was me who made all trees.  You can remember Me anytime you see any tree.  You could decorate a grape vine if you prefer - I actually spoke of that in a bible teaching, explaining who I am in relation to you and the fruit that could be displayed on the vine to show you’re My disciples.  (John 15: 1 – 8.)
If you want to give Me a present in remembrance of My birth here is my wish list:
1.  Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, visit someone in a nursing home or hospital.  You don’t have to know them personally.  They just need to know that someone cares.
2.  Instead of giving your children more presents than you can really afford, spend more time with them.  Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you all down here.  Hold them in your arms and love them.  Then remind them that I love them too.
3. Pick someone who has hurt you in the past and forgive him or her. 
4.  Did you know that someone in your area may consider attempting to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless?  Since you don’t know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.
5.  Instead of worrying about what the retailers in the shopping centres call the season, be patient with the people who work there.   Give them a warm smile and a kind word.  Even if they may not be allowed to wish you a “Merry Christmas”, that doesn’t keep you from wishing them one.
6.  If you really want to make a difference, support one of My missionaries – one who takes My love and Good News to those who have never heard of Me.
7.  Here’s a good one.  There are individuals and whole families in your town who not only will have no “Christmas” tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive.  If you don’t know them, buy some food and a few gifts and give them via an organization that will make the delivery for you.
8.  Finally, if you want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, then make sure you live out your life like a Christian.   Don’t do things in secret that you wouldn’t do in My presence.  Let people know by your actions that you are one of Mine.

Don’t forget - I am God and can take care of Myself.  Just love Me and do the things I have told you to do in the Bible.  I’ll take care of all the rest.  Check out the list above and take action.  I’ll help you, but the ball is now in your court.
And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love; and always remember....

I LOVE YOU – Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment