Tuesday, June 13, 2017

The Freedom of Sacrifice

When Abraham gave Isaac
Upon the altar there
A sacrifice, the depth of which
His soul could scarcely bear

He wrestled long into the night
ln agony of soul
How could he give his precious son
And trust God keeps him whole.

He agonized and wrestled
Until he realized
That Isaac had become THE one
The one that he most prized

And then in deep repentance
and agony of soul
He called on God's forgiveness
And gave Him back the whole.

He cried "Forgive me Father
l never realized
That l had made young Isaac
An idol in my life

I give him Lord into Your hands
I love him so much Lord,
But, Oh I need to love you more
And trust you at your Word."

And God returned to Abraham
The son he dearly loved
But ne'er again did Isaac
Take the place reserved for God.

And so to each of us it seems
There comes this very test
Will we surrender loved ones
And in His promise rest?

The battle oft is long and hard
We agonize and weep,
It's not that we're not willing
It's just that love's so deep
We build an altar
Hoping still that God will intervene
And then at last abandon
Every hope and dream.

We lay them down with trembling heart
We feel 'twill never mend
And pray "God let the tire fall
I’ll trust You to the end

For there is no—one else to trust
No other voice but Thine
And so, I give completely
All once I thought was mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment